Double Chance 12 strategy in sports betting
No matter how good the player’s intuition is, a strategy is needed for a more successful distance game. Without it, it is hardly necessary to count on the predominance of plus bets over minus, because the strategy is a specific algorithm of the game, including a certain system or choice of events to conclude a bet. One of these algorithms is the "12" betting strategy or, as it is also called, a strategy against a draw.
What does a rate of 12 mean?
Bet 12 is one of the double-outcome bets. In such a bet, the player will receive a win if the match ends with the victory of one of the teams: either Team 1 or Team 2 (i.e., there will be no draw). At the same time, it does not matter who will be the loser or with what score will win - the main thing is that the referee's protocol does not record a draw.
The peculiarity of such bets is low bookmaking quotes. As a rule, in the line on football or hockey to put on the outcome of 12 can be with a factor in the range of 1.2 - 1.4.
Strategy 12 in football
Betting on the most popular sport uses various "methods of dealing with the bookmaker." One of them is the "Double Chance" strategy in football.
- Before the kick-off whistle or during the meeting, but before the opening of the score, the player bets on the outcome of 12.
- After waiting for the draw factor to increase (the line is marked as X), the player bets on this market.
In any case, the better will be in the plus, because it is a bookmaker's fork. However, it is necessary to correctly calculate the number of bets for each outcome.
To understand how things work, let's look at a specific example.
The first half of the match of the second division of Vietnam between the teams "Nam Dinh II" and "Fihshan Khanhoa" ended with a score of 0-0. At the same time, the odds of winning one of the clubs was 1.34. After the players of the guest team scored a goal, the odds for the drawn match rose to 5.6.
Once again: when playing betting forks it is important to correctly calculate the size of bets on opposite bets. Suppose, in this case, the size of our gaming pot on both bets - 1000. It will turn out that at the end of 12 with a factor of 1.34 we have to put 807, and on a draw (X) in live - 193 with a factor of 5.6.
When placing such bets, the net profit of the player (subtracted the set 1000 from each possible win) will be 81 or 8.1%:
- 807 x 1.34 - 1000 q 81.3.
- 193 x 5.6 - 1000 q 80.8.
Professional bettors also prefer to place bets on the score 0:0. This will help minimize losses or slightly increase the bankroll if the account is not opened.
Best Football Betting Odds:
Which matches are suitable
To flirt with the strategy of "double chance" in football should choose the markets where the following conditions are met.
- The bookmaker put a pre-match odds of a draw of 4.2 or lower.
- The victory of the favourite is estimated by quote 2.0 or less.
- The game assumes two or more goals scored.
Do not bet on all the games that are suitable for the above criteria: it is a direct way to drain the game pot.
What to look for
In addition to betting odds, it is necessary to take into account other factors that can affect the outcome of the bet.
- The game is a favourite away. Not always strong teams manage to win the coveted three points in an away game with a weaker opponent, who knows how to defend. The score is 0-0 or 1:1 often found in such matches.
- Motivation. Desire to break into European competitions, games between principled rivals or generous bonuses are just a few reasons for the victory of one of the teams in the upcoming game.
- Championship stage. In the first games of the championship, it is quite difficult to predict the victory of one of the teams, especially if the forces are equal. Despite the pre-season training camp, not all players approach the first rounds in optimal physical form, there is still no full understanding of the team and the new coaching staff... And towards the end of the season, you have to hold high positions in the standings and not let close pursuers or "gnaw" the necessary points to keep the registration in the Higher Division.
Strategy 12 in hockey
Typically, bets on double chance in hockey are made to ensure a bet on the favourite team to win, in the main time. At the same time, there is an algorithm that many “statisticians” are in favour of which is based on the statistically unlikely outcome of a draw.
The “double chance” strategy can also be applied in live betting. The play style here is the same as in the ‘strategy of the dog’.
- The bettor puts money against a draw for the first period of the game. Once the bet has been accepted, the player will then choose another game. If the first period does end in a draw, the player uses the market 12 for another bet in the second period and increases the bet amount.
- The size of this bet should be an amount that when it is won the player can erase the loss taken from the first period. If the second period also ends in a draw, then the player will again increase the bet for the next period.
With the right approach, the “double chance 12” strategy for hockey will allow the player to beat the bookmaker. However, we are not forgetting to emphasise that the catch-up game is not a suitable way for players to bet. The inability for continued use of the bankroll or the misunderstanding of basic mathematical betting fundamentals, in particular, variance, will cause a loss.
One of the best Bookmakers for Live hockey bets:
The pros and cons of strategy vs. draw
Betting on the double outcome like any other strategy has its pros and cons. Here are a few of the benefits of betting on this strategy.
- It is very simple and easy to understand. A newcomer will not have to spend countless hours betting to understand it. There is also a wide availability in the lines for this strategy. Markets for win, loss and draw are in every sportsbook.
- A higher probability of winning when compared to a basic bet on the win. To win a bet, we have two outcomes instead of just one (out of the win, loss, draw).
- There is also the possibility of insurance. Most betters prefer to insure the rate and minimize the financial losses in the case of failure.
When it comes to the downsides of this strategy, there are low ratios. Events with the quotes 1.2-1.4 seem preferable to beginners because of the high probability of winning, but it is worth it if the player can string together 5-6 wins for each loss.