Latest Free bets and Offers
Here we list the best Free Bet offers for the UK market in 2022. From Welcome Bonuses, Refund on loss promotions, or Deposit, Bet and Get Bonuses, all offers which result in a Free Bet will be listed here.
Top 5 Free Bets in UK for 2022
The best betting sites with Free Bets will change day by day and coupled with this, what is “best” for one person will not necessarily be the “best” thing for someone else. Regardless of this the best Free Bets for new customers which are available from the UK bookies in 2022 in our opinion are:
Parimatch: Bet £5 get £30 in Bonuses
- Register and deposit with a Debit card to be eligible.
- Remember to Opt In for the promotion before betting.
- Wager just £5 on any event with odds over Evens (Decimal 2).
- A £20 bonus credit will be added to your account once the bet is placed.
- Use as one bet or split into many smaller bets, placed on anything you want.
- Separately there will be £10 of Casino credit available for you to use once you open a slots game, (20x wagering and winnings capped at £250).
- ALL bonuses will expire 7 days after being credited.
888sport: Bet £10 get £30 in free bets + £10 Casino Bonus
- 888Sport bonuses are credited automatically there is no need to opt in but when depositing you must use code 30FB.
- Qualifying bet must be made within 30 days of registration and at odds over 1/2 (Decimal 1.5).
- Free Bets are credited after the qualifying bet settles.
- Free Bets are used by ticking a box on the relevant bet slip rather than entering a stake amount.
- Each bet must be for £10 and can not be split, but they can be used on any Sport.
Betvictor - Bet £10 get £40 Free bet credit
- BetVictor promotions must be 'Opted In' to using the offers tab or Free bets will not be given.
- Place your first UK or Irish Horse racing bet within 7 days of registration..
- Live IN-play bets do not count.
Once settled you will be awarded £30 of Free bet credit.
It can be used all in one go or split up into many smaller bets but must be on Horse Racing.
- £10 of the bonus credit must be used in the Casino on Slots (20x wagering requirement).
Bet365 - Bet £10 & Get £50 in Free Bets
- Register and deposit £10 with an eligible method and before you bet claim the offer from the offers page.
- Place a £10 bet on any sport with odds of five to one on (Decimal 1.2) to qualify.
- Once it settles you will have £50 of free bet credit to use.
- Bet credits must be placed for the value they are credited as (£10).
- Free bet credits will expire after 30 days if not used.
Geoff Banks - Bet £10 Get £30 as a Free Bet
- When you register and deposit with an eligible payment method place a £10 bet on any sport with odds over 1/2 (Decimal 1.5).
- Once the bet has been placed you will have two £15 free bet credits to use as you wish.
- One is eligible for any sporting event and the other for any virtual bet.
- Free Bet credits expire after 7 days.
What is a free bet?
A Free Bet is a promotion given out by Bookmakers for various reasons. Sometimes it is to attract new customers, sometimes it is to reward customer loyalty and sometimes it is to differentiate themselves from their competitors. A Free Bet can be any amount, £1, £5, £10, £25, £50, £100, £200 even you name it, that can be the amount of the Free Bet offer. There are various different ways you can qualify to receive a Free Bet and various different requirements when you come to use them. It should be noted though that anytime you deposit into a bookmaker, for any reason, there is some risk involved. There is no 3such thing as a risk free bet, despite what some bookmakers may tell you.
New Customer Free Bets
Free Bets are offered to customers as a form of reward for taking the time and making the effort to open a new bookmaker account. These Free Bets will all have different qualification criteria so it is important to check the specific terms of each offer and see if it is suitable for you. All New Customer Free Bets, also known as Welcome Bonus Free Bets, are designed to give you more chance to try out various aspects of the bookmaker and also, ultimately, to give you more chance of profiting your first time using them. People who lose the first time do not generally come back.
Existing customer free bets
As well as giving Free Bets in the form of Welcome Bonuses existing customers can also be rewarded with Free Bets. These come in a number of different forms, which we shall explain.
- Bet and Get Free Bets are given when a player bets a pre determined amount on a pre determined sport or event. Some times it can be on anything just within a certain time frame. After making a qualifying bet the Free Bet is added either straight away or upon settlement of that bet.
- Deposit and Get Free Bets are not so common but are credited to an account as soon as a player has deposited a set amount. As there is still almost certainly a requirement to wager both the deposit amount and the Free Bet in reality they differ from “Bet and Get” offers in name only.
- Loyalty Club Free Bets are given to existing players after a set number of bets are placed in any given week or month or just the next time X number of bets have been placed.
- Free Bets are sometimes given to existing players as a gift either at Christmas or on their Birthdays or even randomly through the year. These are the best kind of existing user Free Bets as they often require no deposit and are simply a credit added to your account.
- Free bets for sport events are awarded which must be used on specific sporting events and certain bet markets. These are normally the major and feature events of the Sporting World, examples may be for Horse Racing The Grand National, American Football has The Super Bowl, Tennis has Wimbledon, etc, etc. Often Free Bets awarded for these events are not Welcome or Sign Up Bonuses but are offered to existing users as well to encourage customers to redeposit money and generally to increase interest and awareness in this sporting event. It is worth checking the terms and conditions to see if the Free Bet is for all online bets or whether it needed to be placed specifically using a mobile device.
How can you get a Free Bet?
There are many different ways that you may find a free bet sitting in your bookmaker account. Often the first time you encounter one will be as part of a Welcome Bonus offer when you join and place your first bet, once it settles, a free bet will appear on the bet slip the next time you create one. That is not the only way though, because as well as the initial offer especially if you have lost you will find Emails start appearing in your inbox offering Free Bets for existing customers. Sometimes they will not be Emailed directly to you but everyone who is a member of the bookmaker will be able to redeposit and wager and then get a Free Bet if they bet £10 on a certain match. It is even possible to get one almost by accident and without meaning to. A number of bookmakers run ongoing offers and promotions which can trigger a Free Bet to be credited. Perhaps your horse is second in a specific race, perhaps your horse is first past the post and later disqualified in a Stewards enquiry, perhaps your horse is a faller and does not finish the race, all of these things, at certain bookmakers, will see your losing bet credited as a free bet.
Can you withdraw a free bet?
In short “No” you can not withdraw a Free Bet. A Free Bet is a credit you can use to wager on an event and use as if it was cash, but it is not cash itself and should your bet win then your profit from that will be yours and almost always can then be withdrawn. If your bet does not win then never mind you have not lost real cash, it was free!
What are play-through requirements for free bets?
This will vary from bookmaker to bookmaker and then from offer to offer because there is no set rule for this. The most common play-through, or wagering as its also known, requirement is zero, once a free bet wins then that is that and you keep the winnings. This is not always the case though so it is essential that you check the terms and conditions of each offer as and when you take part in them.
Tips on choosing a free bet offer
When considering a Free Bet offer and assessing how good it is there is a common misconception that bigger is always better. This is not necessarily the case. There is several other factors which need to be considered.
1. Check the deposit to bonus ratio?
The deposit to bonus ratio is the amount of bonus money you receive for every £1 that you deposit. If you get a £10 Free Bet for depositing and wagering £10 that is a pretty good deal and the ratio is 100%. If you need to deposit £1000 to receive a £10 Free Bet then obviously this is now less attractive! The ratio now is just 1%. It is generally considered that the higher the ratio the better the bonus it.
2. Consider how long do you have to use the Free Bet?
The length of time you have to use a Free Bet usually begins from when it is credited to your account. The exact amount of time will vary from bookmaker to bookmaker but 7 days is probably the industry average. We have seen it be from as little as 3 hours before though, and as much as an infinite amount (the Free Bet will never expire).
3. Look whether winnings capped?
For the vast majority of Free Bets awarded for use in the Sportsbook there is no specific winnings cap, above and beyond the normal limits. It is very unlikely that this will be an issue for you but there are some, not many but some, bookmakers who do impose a winnings cap and it is always worth checking because a cap on winnings can massively affect the overall value of the Free Bet and in some cases make it almost worthless.
4. Is there a wagering requirement?
Almost always there will be a wagering requirement in order to qualify for a Free Bet. This will normally be wagering a set amount 1x at set minimum odds. Once the Free Bet has been credited then it is very unusual (but it is possible) for a Free Bet to have any further wagering requirement on the winnings.
5. Make sure that you know which Sports can be used?
Unless specified otherwise all sports can be used to both qualify for and be used with the Free Bet. Sometimes certain sports must be used normally when they are boosted or enhanced offers for a certain upcoming sporting event. It will be made clear in the terms and conditions if any sports must be used and others can not be. It is occasionally the case that Horse Racing is excluded from Free Bets but this is the exception and not the rule.
6. Can the Free bet be used as a single?
Unless otherwise stated yes Free Bets can be placed as single bets. It is possible that you must use it as an accumulator but you will know about this in advance because almost certainly the qualifying bet will also have been an accumulator. The majority of the time though single bets are fine to use if you wish and that is what is best.
Frequently Asked Questions
A Free Bet is a type of promotional bonus offered by Bookmakers to their customers as a form of reward for either joining or simply for being a customer. A Free Bet is to all intents and purposes the same as a normal bet with the only distinguishing difference being that it costs you nothing to place it and should it win the winnings are returned but not the hypothetical stake amount.
The answer to this is… sometimes! All bookmakers are different and run on different software platforms and have different internal operating systems and so what applies at one bookmaker will not necessarily apply at another. It will always say on the specific promotion T&Cs whether a bonus code must be entered or not and if in doubt you should check with the bookmakers customer service department.
The short answer is “No” you can not. Whilst it is possible to withdraw any winnings from a Free Bet the Free Bet itself can not be withdrawn from your account, it must be wagered.
In the majority of cases bonus offers are available once per household and so in this example, no, your partner (if you live together) could not receive a bonus as well as yourself. However this is not universally true and sometimes if the bookmaker views you as a loyal and valuable customer, after contacting the customer services you may find it is possible. It is best to assume that the answer will be no though.